Friday, November 30, 2007

Week 9 #20

I couldn't resist watching the librarian video from 1946. What a hoot! It was interesting to note how things in the field have remained the same (reference questions, customer service, etc.,) yet have also changed (with technology, etc.)

My comments on the YouTube site - I can see the value because of the vast assortment of topics, many of them informative and informational. Obviously, these sort of videos could be of assistance/interest to patrons if added to library websites, or even original library-created videos that provide instructions for sources, databases, etc.

However, just a quick glance of the viewing options (for instance most viewed) told me this site has much questionable or even possibly x rated material, so it is definitely something to be wary of. I wasn't even sure if I could trust the categories as being "safe" as to content.

No comments: