Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sound #25 Am I a music pirate?

First of all, let me make one thing clear – I am not a music pirate! I am quite content listening to whatever comes on the radio, so this exercise was truly new for me.

I did have difficulty following the directions from Harriet, but then again, it was all new. With the help of a coworker, I did download my saved song to a cd. (Seems like the options to click were in different places than shown on the directions, but I know that all it takes is one misstep and poof! you’re on a different screen.)

Occasionally, I’ll save something to a cd and of course, listen to music or books on cd.

The discussion about sharing music online and copyright is very interesting. I can certainly understand the benefit that musicians and songwriters get from strict copyright enforcement and tend to agree with them – they do need to make a living. Enforcement is just a very difficult thing.

No comments: