Friday, February 13, 2009

Books, Readers, and Beyond #53 Finding Books Online Exercise 1

I checked Katy Budget Books and Books A Million, which are closest to our branch. What really would have been helpful and didn't exist, was an inventory of what is actually available in the stores. Both allowed online sales, not that useful. Katy Budget Books does offer an email service where a customer can request a used book title and be notified when one becomes available. Katy has a large component of Christian fiction readers and Books a Million has a Faithpoint option, which features latest releases of this genre.

Since I do not know of other bookstores close to Katy, I also visited Murder by the Book, since we have a mystery book club. For this reason, this website can be useful for its title suggestions (most popular)and author interviews.

I'm not sure about this exercise - was I to write 25 words total for all 3 bookstores or 25 for all?

No comments: