Monday, May 4, 2009

Money & Finance #59: Credit, Money Management, and Saving

1. I read the article How Credit Reports Work. One of the interesting things I learned was the breakdown by percentage as to how a credit score is determined. The hints on how to improve your score were also enlightening.
2. We have never had a formal spending/budget plan but have always contributed to savings, lived within our means, and are aware of our finances. That being the case, I really do not plan at this time to implement a formal spending/budget plan. If I were to do so, however, I liked the website suggested, on About.com’s Frugal Living section.
I also bookmarked a couple of sites that I would be useful to suggest to patrons.

3. On the TCDRS website, I found the information in the Service Center to be the most useful. As I get closer to retirement, perhaps I would find it useful to log in to check my balance but for right now, the yearly written statement is sufficient.

No comments: