Friday, October 19, 2007

Week 6 #14

1) I searched "learning 2.0" on Technorati and found vast differences in the number of results based on whether it was entered as a search term through keyword in blogposts (6,908 using "all words", 563 as "exact phrase"), tags (668), and blog directory (699).

2) I was confused as to the difference between "top favorited blogs" and "top blogs". By definition, top favorited blogs means they are measured by the number of people who have made them their favorite (I understand this) whereas top blogs are biggest by virtue of their unique links. Not really sure what "unique links" is referring to. I noticed there is some overlap between the two categories.

Something surprising? Yes, that "nuffnang" is one of the top searches. I found out it calls itself "Asia's first blog advertising community." Not sure I needed to know that...

As far as Technorati'susefulness?- I guess if you had a special interest or research project, it would be a good place to search for blogs that might pertain.

No comments: