Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Week 8 #18

In spite of hearing constantly about My Space and Facebook, up until now, I never took the time to take a look at them. Interesting! I also took a look at 360.yahoo, linkedin, and being a dog lover, dogster.

I can certainly understand the attraction these networks have, especially with those people keeping up with "friends" or looking for new ones. I can see potential with linkedin as far as perhaps being able to dig up a former business reference or contact or trying to find a former classmate. And I guess, being able to find out "inside" information about job openings. I was surprised to see company pages already set up for places like Dell and Pfizer.

As much as I love my dog, I just can't see taking the time to register her on dogster, much less read other entries.

No comments: