Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wellness #39 Nutrition

I perused NutritionData.com and found it very interesting. I signed up for the newsletter (when I will find time to read it, I don't know) and also checked out some listings under "topics." I entered a recipe for my breakfast casserole, since that is the only one that I can remember. It showed a calorie count of 192, which is not as bad as I thought. Of course, that was for only one serving...

The tracking feature could also be helpful for someone following a diet.

Something I learned about a food I eat? I entered blueberries and found it is mildly inflammatory with a reading of -3. It is usually presented as such a healthy food I figured it would be anti-inflamatory.

From Recipes.Sparkpeople.com for my breakfast casserole:


Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 182.9
Total Fat: 11.8 g
Cholesterol: 127.2 mg
Sodium: 361.3 mg
Total Carbs: 7.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 10.9 g
See Full Information
Ingredients DetailsAdd this recipe to a cookbook Report Inappropriate Recipe
Breakfast Casserole
Poultry Breakfast Poultry Breakfast Submitted by LIBTEXLIB
Ingredients
eggs, fresh, 6 largemilk, nonfat, 1 cupwhite bread, 12 slices, crusts removedcheddar cheese, 2 cupbacon, 1 lbmushrooms, fresh, 1 lb
Directions
Number of Servings: 12Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIBTEXLIB.

-As can be seen, the calorie count came out a little lower than from nutritiondata.com. Yes, substituting ingredients makes a difference in terms of calories and nutrition, but would it taste as good?

It's been a long time since I have entered anything on this blog and cobwebs have set in. I tried to get the recipe on this blog by looking through the websites under "share" but didn't see this one listed. So for the sake of time (too late!), I copied and pasted it.

No comments: