Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wellness #41 Going Green

I figured out my carbon footprint by using Yahoo Green. 10.1 - too high! Just basing my score on answering the few questions listed, however, there doesn't seem to be a way to lower the score any time soon. I have to drive to work in Texas, won't sell our house for awhile to move to a smaller one, etc. Seems like it could have made more of a distinction between cars besides just size - mine, even though it is considered midsize according to their criteria, does get good mileage. Oh, well...I guess I get the point that this lifestyle with these criteria has an impact on our environment.

I have been interested for a long time in going to a farmer's market but for the most part, they have not been conveniently located - not sure how green it is if you have to drive a long distance to get to one. However, I plan to try to visit the one in downtown New Braunfels since I more likely to be close by when vacationing in the area.

No comments: