Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Future of Media #80: Movies

1. I looked at Hulu for a full feature film. Actually, I have found that so far, I do not really enjoy watching a movie/tv show on the computer, although I have watched tv episodes of shows that I keep up with that I missed when they aired. Watching movies/tv shows on a computer is just not cozy! Maybe the experience would be better on a laptop. We have a Wii, so that has some potential, since movies would be viewed through the tv.

2. I used Hulu to find a trailer for an upcoming movie, The Eclipse, which will be in theaters on April 4, 2010. I can see this as a very handy option for frequent movie goers, which I am not, so I personally would not probably use it often. But it is good information!

3. We have used fee based services in the past - both Netflix and Blockbuster. Both had their advantages - Netflix movies actually arrived in the mail quicker, but Blockbuster allowed us the option to return mailed movies in person at a Blockbuster store and check one out in person. As I mentioned earlier, the Netflix option of the streaming movies through the Wii may be a temptation in the future, as we currently don't subscribe to a fee based service.

No comments: