Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Publishing Evolution #83: Paper to Pixels (or e-ink)

1. I still prefer paper over pixels for the time being but am watching fairly closely with what is going on in the digital market - I am a Consumer Reports fanatic and am waiting to get it's stamp of approval on digital readers before I purchase one. I also can't (yet) see myself cozying up with a laptop. I am also pretty patient in terms of availabilty so don't need the speed of a digital version.

2. I am a diehard library user so don't purchase many books - cookbooks, health, gardening books, maybe, so availabilty is probably more important to me than price when I do purchase a book. Assuming I had some kind of portable digital reader, I probably would pay the same price for a digital book as I do a paper copy, depending on the situation.

3. I found iFiction very interesting. I like the idea of being able to preview and then pay (although I prefer nonfiction - any similar websites for nonfiction?)

No comments: